Python is one of the most popular programming languages, and you should be prepared to answer interview questions in python when applying for software development positions. Python is a multi-purpose, integrated, and high-level language that can be used to build several types of applications once the required tools are employed. This programming language employs syntax that is simple to use and learn. In Python, emphasis is laid on the readability of syntax, which leads to a lower cost of maintenance for the program built with Python.
Python can be used to model real problems that occur in our world, and the language is used to build applications that help solve these real-world problems. It also supports modules, exception-handling, automatic memory handling, objects, and threads. In addition, this programming language supports third-party packages which encourage the re-use of code and support modularity.
Python constantly uses common English keywords and has fewer syntactical constructions than other programming languages. In addition, it provides high-level dynamic data types and also supports dynamic type checking of data. Automatic garbage collection is another thing that Python supports. Python also supports integration with other languages such as C++, ActiveX, Java, C, and COBRA.
Features of Python
- Its syntax is much simpler than that of other programming languages
- It allows a programmer to write with fewer lines than what is required while working with other languages
- Python is versatile and compatible with different platforms and operating systems like Linux, Mac, Windows, Raspberry, and others.
- It can be described as an object-oriented, procedural, or functional way.
- With Python, code can be executed immediately as soon as it has been written. It allows the quick creation of a prototype.
Common Applications of Python
- Language development and language apps building
- Graphic design building and image processing
- Operating systems
- Internet and website development and maintenance with its web frameworks
- Certain desktop applications
- The development of business and enterprise applications
- Its standard library supports E-mail processing, IMAP as well as other Internet protocols
- It aids the development of scientific and computer applications
Common Interview Questions in Python
Below are some commonly asked interview questions in Python:
What is PEP 8, and What is its Use?
When answering this question, you need to demonstrate your knowledge of PEP 8 to the interviewer and demonstrate you know what it stands for as well as how it is being used.
What are Namespaces in Python, and How are they Used?
What are Python Literals?
Discuss Python Functions
The two types of functions in Python are built-in functions and user-defined functions that a user of the program defines.
What is the Parameter Passing Mechanism in Python?
However, pass-by-value means that when arguments are passed to the function, only values are passed to the function. Thus, reference passes are not made to the corresponding function in this scenario.
What is Scope in Python?
Local scope is the local objects that are in the current function. Global scope is the objects that can be accessed when the execution of code occurs. The module-level scope is the objects of the module that can be accessed in the program, while outermost scope refers to names that are in-built and can be called in the program.
What are Decorators in Python?
Python is a multi-dimensional, multi-purpose programming language. Its uses range from applications, games, mathematics, web development, and much more. In order to succeed at a Python job interview, you, first of all, have to be familiar with working with this language. You also need to learn the commonly asked interview questions in Python and learn how to structure your responses in line with what recruiters are looking to hear.